Alison's preschool had parent teacher conferences on Friday. Much of the information we received from her teacher was positive. We learned that she is doing well at school with some minor problems that seem to be common for her age.
One thing that did stick out in my mind and that I cannot seem to let go of is that the teacher said that Alison exhibits some qualities you would see in an only child. Alison has difficulty sharing with others and when a toy that she is playing with is taken from her by another child at school she gets upset.
It is true that at home, Daniel gives her no competition. He has only recently begun to grab toys given to him but in no way does he go out of his way to get a toy much less take one from his sister. Alison has free rein. I can understand why her teacher said what she said and in no way do I believe she is mistaken. Alison does not have a "normal" brother who gets in her face and stuff and messes with her environment. She has no idea what that would be like.
I wish to God she did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment