A post or two ago I related how Daniel was a big boy. He is very tall and pretty chubby but they equal each other out. However, this does not make it any less difficult to carry him around for any length of time. Especially him.
Let me explain: Daniel being hypotonic cannot exactly help shift his weight around. He will be held, but without holding himself up and therefore carrying him is like carrying just his entire weight. It is a bit difficult.
Alison had a field trip to the pumpkin patch today and I went with her. I briefly thought about bringing Daniel with us for the fact that he would love to get out and see the world any chance he gets, but I gave it a second thought. Lately Daniel has hated his stroller and wanted to be carried when out. To take him to the farm would have meant carrying him almost the entire time and running after a very energetic Alison too. Not to mention the fact that today was the most windiest and coolest day we've had in a very long time and Daniel hates the wind.
So, I consider myself lucky. Lucky to have my parents around to help as much as they do, lucky to be able to leave Daniel with his grandmother that he loves and to borrow my dads car and take Alison to get a very small but perfect pumpkin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment