If you've heard about this then you can understand how mad I am. We don't even have this product but it still infuriates me. I mean who in their right mind would even think that this is okay for little children to play with? What, do they think that small children do not swallow small things? I am really appalled by the amount of toys that are out there these days that are unsafe for our children. Like I don't have enough to worry about that I have to worry that something I buy for a present for my children or family or friend's children is going to be recalled in a month or worse!
Alright, off my soapbox for now. We had a slight scare last night--well I was scared. Daniel was having a teething biscuit and bit off more then he could chew. Well, he made it mushy enough to swallow more than he could handle. He really does not do well with bits of food that are bigger then the head of a pin. So we had to scrape it out of his mouth. It wasn't very terrible. He didn't lose consciousness, he didn't stop breathing, he only had a scared look on his face and had a hard time bringing up or swallowing what was stuck in his throat. Poor boy. Uh, I really hate not being able to let him have ordinary things that other one year old's can have. Especially being the dietitian that I am, I am always aware of what stage he could be in with eating but is not. There I go comparing again.
However, to keep us upbeat Daniel continues to make us laugh and he continues to make strides in his therapy everyday. He plays ball by rolling it back to you. He is working hard at standing (with assistance) and is really getting much better at rocking on his hands and knees (the beginnings of crawling). He is amazing. He is wonderful and my two beautiful children and my wonderful loving husband (aside from the Bruce Springsteen fiasco) are all that I am thankful for in the upcoming holiday that came too fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What Lara forgot to mention in this post is that we just started working with a speech therapist in recent weeks. Hopefully we can make some progress on Daniel's swallowing abilities in the same way that we have made progress in other areas.
Awesome pics of the kiddies!
Post a Comment