I believe that everything happens for a reason. Good or bad.
I believe this because certain circumstances in my life have proved it to be true.
When the decision came to move to NC it was the scariest decision I ever faced. Having never been out of NJ before, I had no idea how to leave. Also, the thought of leaving my family was even more scary.
We moved to NC with one job (Jason's) and a 4 month old daughter. Unbeknown to me, I also had severe postpartum depression. When at first we moved, Jason had already had his first bout of pneumonia in NJ and we chalked it up to just being in NJ. Jason would then proceed to have two more bouts of pneumonia and a doctor in NC said this is not normal. He was then diagnosed to have a tumor in his lung that needed to be removed. A very frightening time for all of us. At the time of Jason's operation I was at the lowest point in my depression and thoughts of suicide rang through my head daily. Luckily we both got through that tough time and moved on.
We moved here to Harrisonburg on a wing and a prayer, and with a lot of debt. Jason had gotten the job he had wished for in grad school, and I was more than happy to leave my job in NC. We had NO idea what VA would bring us, but we were okay with that.
Here is where Daniel received the diagnosis of mild lissencephaly. Here is where I am less stressed and happier than I've been in a while. All of our problems have not gone away, they have even grown some, but to have made the decision to leave our friends and familiarity in NC and come here to VA was for the best I believe. I also believe that in the future whatever decisions we make no matter how difficult they may be, will also be for a reason. Whatever reason that is, only time will tell.
Even Daniel's diagnosis is for a reason--to teach me that the most important thing in life is to take one day at a time with the ones you love the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment