We are gearing up for our BIG trip! The biggest one ever! We are going across country! Since we are moving to Washington state and we live in Virginia, we will be traveling across the country. This will be an adventure for sure. Especially with two kids in tow. While we intend to try to visit some interesting sites along the way (Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone), it will still be a lot of driving. Daniel has not been such a good passenger lately. When we are out for too long or out late at night he gets very upset and almost has a fit in a way. He is so overtired or just wants to be home. It is really very sad, he cries and cries and asks for Pickles-the-cat.
We will also be staying in a lot of hotels along the way which he is not fond of since we all sleep in the same room and either Jason or I need to sleep with him. He cannot fall asleep as well and also has difficulty sleeping well. Thus so do we. It also affects Alison because when he cannot fall asleep then she cannot. It makes for a bad night and something I, for one, am not looking forward to. I mean, I know we will have fun along the way but then I just worry, worry about the nights, the sleepless nights. Then worry about the days after that. It is difficult sometimes. We really want to take Daniel everywhere but then it is very difficult to also take them everywhere and not be sad about what could have been, what vacations would be like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment