It was a moment of epiphany.
Okay, maybe just a moment of clarity.
I am awake at this hour (4:30am) after watching Frontline. They had a story about Newtown, CT. Need I say more? In it, though they delved deep into the shooter's life and focused a while on his special needs issues. In one segment they discuss his diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder.
Ding Ding! I woke up my brain a bit.
I think we've mentioned on here before but Daniel hits and kicks. He doesn't do this to be mean and really it is out of his personality of a sweet sweet boy. We've been trying hard to try to help him understand that this is not behavior that we allow. Daniel does have Sensory issues, but now I realize that the hitting and kicking are a part of that!!! I know now that we were right all along--Daniel is sweet and not at all trying to be mean! YES!
Okay though...How the hell do we help him now??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment