Yesterday you turned four years old. It amazes me the little man you are turning into.
Although my ultimate wish for you did not come true this year (for you to walk), you are demonstrating so much in other ways.
You are becoming quite the talker and will try very hard to repeat just about anything and everything you hear. You got the term happy birthday down, exclaiming to everyone who would listen: "Appy Bithday!" You try to say neighborhood and really come close with, "Neimo." It is exciting how you want so bad to communicate with us. You are getting there really.
You sing too, which is my most favorite thing. At first it was just a word here and there when we sang the rest but lately you carry the tune and string some of the words together. I really like listening to your lovely voice and think that once you get all the words down, you could be a great singer!
I love watching you these days, you are interested in exploring your world much more than you have ever been. This can be good and bad considering the fact that you really don't mind checking out EVERYTHING. I like to watch you play with toys and you've even begun to pretend play by picking up the sesame street telephone and holding it up to your ear and pretending to have a conversation.
Your turning four has made me very excited for the possibilities that lie ahead for the coming year. At school you are staying for the full day and I cannot wait to see how much you learn in that time. Because you turned four you are now eligible for a few of the programs that offer therapeutic horseback riding programs so we might try to see what you think of that. Again with your speech and communication exploding, I think this year will bring a real possibility of you communicating your wants and needs to us.
I do still believe you will walk, but I am not going to put a time frame on it this time. You will walk when you walk and that is just fine. You are doing just a fabulous job so go on with your little four year old self!
No comments:
Post a Comment