My head is spinning. Mostly from a constant headache that I seem to have had.
It has been a while here since I've expressed my thoughts about what is going on with Daniel. I know it's wrong, but the thought still comes to mind of "Why him?" or "Why us?" I actually e-mailed Jason a while ago and asked him if he ever thought that way now, after a year of knowing what our little boy has. He was eloquent in his response saying that no, he did not ask himself that question and that for whatever reason God has given us this sweet boy and we are to take care of him.
Oh and how sweet is he. I would never ask for anyone different from who Daniel is. He brightens our every day. But that doesn't mean I can't feel in the least bit slighted on his behalf does it?
Daniel is doing so well, in ways that are hard to explain. It's really not the big things, but a lot of the little things that end up being huge.
Daniel is in the process of being evaluated by the Special Ed team in our school system to see if he is eligible. It is a whole process that began in August and will not conclude until probably the end of the year (if he is deemed eligible). I fight with myself between wanting him to be eligible and receive all of the services that are available to him and wanting him not to be found eligible for being too normal. Does that make sense? He needs those services but to the risk of being labeled as having "multiple developmental delays." The truth is very hard for me sometimes.
You look at Daniel, you spend any amount of time with Daniel and you see an entirely different boy then what the evaluations will say. Daniel can do so much, physically and knows so much cognitively. He really is a bright little boy. He is doing so many things now that are subtly "age-appropriate." I wish I could capture all that he is in some sort of way to share with all of you. He would bring sunshine to any room any place, anyone. He is our great big beautiful baby boy and we love him more than words or evaluations can ever say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment