Hard to believe that Daniel is 18 months old. Even harder to believe is that his sister will be 5 in just a little over a month! Where in the world does the time go? I cannot remember back to when they were so little and that time just keeps slipping away.
Tonight I looked at Daniel and saw a reflection of a little boy staring back at me. He is becoming quite the little "devil." He wants to grab anything and everything these days. He gets a little grin on his face that says, "I know that this is probably not a good idea but I want to do it anyway." I have actually had to say no to him--when he grabs my face it really hurts so I gently say no. He doesn't realize or doesn't care. He is growing so fast. They both are.
We went to Roanoke last week to see a new neurologist. While I realize that no neurologist is going to tell us what will happen in the future, at least this one was nice and spent time explaining just exactly what is wrong with Daniel, and put it in terms that we can understand: Computer terms!
He told us to think of Daniel's brain like a computer. A part of the computer is out of commission but you can still rewire the computer to get it to perform some of the tasks that the other part was doing. This rewiring though may slow the task down a bit and it will take longer to learn. Sometimes the task will not work either. Only time will tell--with Daniel, not the computer.
Coming from a family where the brother is a computer genius I could relate and actually felt confident that things were going to be better. Though honestly, I really would like to call tech support and just ask them to fix the damn thing already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment